Inspecting a potentially new home
Buying a new home is exciting. If you’re considering Detroit roofing services, we can help you. We know it can also be a little scary – especially if it’s your first time through the home buying process. The last thing a new homeowner wants is an unexpected major home problem followed by costly repairs.
Here are a few tips to help you avoid issues that can mar your memories of the early days in your new home when you were too broke to afford meat or dental check-ups:
- Get a roof inspection. A roof inspection is not the same as the home inspection you typically get with the sale of a house. Those folks don’t usually climb up on the roof. It’s worth the time and expense required to hire a roofing expert to perform a thorough inspection. They can advise you of any recommended repairs, trouble spots or smart upgrades.
- Do a little investigation on your roofing contractor. Be sure to get the contractor’s credentials too. Check their ratings on the Better Business Bureau’s website and manufacturer’s website too. You’ll want to be sure you’re working with a reputable roofing contractor.
- Ask about your choices. There really are a remarkable number of options available in terms of roofing styles and colors. There are even energy efficient, algae resistant and impact resistant materials on the market now.
- Ask for written recommendations, including photos of the areas of concern. You’ll be glad to know about leak-prone areas such as skylights, flashing, and gutters and learn how to properly take care of them.
- Give serious thought to your roofer’s preventive maintenance suggestions. Addressing minor issues ahead of time can potentially avoid large, expensive repairs down the road.
Want to schedule a home inspection, including a written report? Call our office today. Or schedule a phone consultation with a Ridgecon Home Pro. Pick his brain and make a practical plan for your new home’s roofing needs.